Walks and Events
CALLING ALL FRANKLIN COUNTY
BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTS...
You are invited to participate in a competition among the
community to see which team can take the most steps*
READY, SET, GET MOVING!
* Any activity can be converted to steps.
- Teams of 5 from businesses, organizations or groups of friends/families can register here. All teams must register, choose a team name, and pay $15 per person to the YMCA in Greenfield by May 5. Your team is not officially registered if not paid in full by May 5.
- Each team accumulates ‘steps’ based on their daily movement.
To convert activities other than walking see the conversion chart.
See how to gain bonus steps below.
- All activity will be recorded daily by the individual and totals will appear under the team name.
- Each week the top 5 teams will be featured in an ad in The Recorder.
Team leaders will be acknowledged on Tuesdays at noon.
- Grand Finale party will be held on Thursday, June 25, 2015. Time and place to be determined.
- Grand prize is $500 to the winning team.
Take Group Ex classes at the YMCA (a punch card will be issued for 6 Group Ex classes - one per week)
Participate in weekly wellness talks at the YMCA - 5 talks at 9 am on Saturdays.
(Prior to the talks there will be a group walk starting at the front of the YMCA at 8 am.)
Join scheduled walks around Greenfield and surrounding towns
Add 5,000 bonus steps for completing any of the above.
All ‘steps’ are on the honor system - please be honest and fair.
or call the YMCA in Greenfield: 413-773-3646